Our Princess Is In Another Castle

Another video game journalist's attempts to make himself seem like some sort of important visionary but ultimately end up making him look a bit of a clueless plonker

Sunday 6 April 2008

It Starts (Again)

Alright troops?

This is my personal blog: it's about as random as it gets but what the hell, that's the point of these things I suppose.

For those of you who saw this blog before I wiped it (that's both of you), the problem was this: I attended a course on Intellectual Property and Copyright law, which pretty much told me that since I'm a video game journalist working for a publisher, any personal blogs I write are the property of the publisher and I could get into trouble for writing them. Naturally, I didn't fancy losing my job for the sake of posting the odd YouTube clip of a monkey walking some dogs.

Luckily, my lovely company recently sent an email to every staff member telling them that as long as the blog didn't compromise the company's interests then we could do whatever we wanted. So, since I work for a Nintendo magazine, my blog's fine as long as I don't write about stuff that could (and should) appear in the magazine. That means no Wii/DS/Virtual Console reviews, no Nintendo news, no press releases and no commentaries on the condition of Nintendo in the gaming market.

But hey, why would you want that from me anyway? There's already a great site online that covers all that already (www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk) and it's got loads of articles written by me. [/cheap plug]

"So then Chris", I hear you probably ask, "what's the point of this blog?"

Well, it's to talk about everything else. Films I've seen, DVDs I've bought, retro games I've been playing, funny stuff I've found online, just general musings on life... basically, if it's nothing to do with current Nintendo stuff and I want to talk about it, you'll find it here.

This also means that, yes, I can link to a YouTube clip of a monkey walking some dogs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris! Yay, I was mentioned in your blog: "both of you"! I can't wait for stuff to be posted. Good luck!

P.S. Cool vid!

7 April 2008 at 11:19  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home