Our Princess Is In Another Castle

Another video game journalist's attempts to make himself seem like some sort of important visionary but ultimately end up making him look a bit of a clueless plonker

Saturday 19 April 2008

Cable Mice

I've just come to an amazing conclusion that could be considered a scientific breakthrough.

Right... my "entertainment centre" (couldn't think of a better name) consists of my HD-TV, my Wii, my 360, my PS3, my PS2, my Dreamcast, my N64, a DVD player (for American discs), my 360 HD-DVD player and my Hi-Fi. As you'd expect, that means there are a lot of plugs round the back, and a lot of wires.

So when I first set it all up, I did so with extreme care and precision, laying the wires out in such a way that if I ever need to take out a plug I would be able to do so with relative ease.

The other week my 360 died, and I got an Elite to replace it. When I went to remove the plug though the wires were a completely tangled mess of spaghetti. This has always happened to me throughout my life, and it doesn't make sense to me. When I leave my Guitar Hero guitar lying againt my wall for a few days, when I next pick it up to play the strap has twisted round a couple of times and I need to readjust it. I don't understand it.

Well, I didn't understand it... until now.

There are clearly a group of mice that wait until I leave for work, then run into my room, grab the wires with their mousey little teeth, and dance about as if they were round some sort of electronic maypole.

Meanwhile, a stripper mouse (who has been hired by the mouse government to provide entertainment during the maypole dancing) climbs on top of my Guitar Hero controller and does some sexy dancing, using the guitar strap as a makeshift stripper pole. So when she turns round it the strap is twisted.

This is the only explanation I can give for my wires being tangled.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting theory. By process of elimination, I too have to aggree this is the only explanation.

19 April 2008 at 11:08  
Blogger Speedy said...

o.0

So many places you could've gone with that, and you came up with Mice? Pfft :P


Besides, if any real mice were doing that, Dangermouse would not stand for it at all, and go kick that stripper back to Soho.

24 April 2008 at 13:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if you leave them, they'll become so tangled and messy due to the stripper mice they'll logically overload an revert back to their original, untagled state.

Nobel Prize soon follows.

25 April 2008 at 13:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I now realise at this time I spelled untangled without an 'n' and thus feel somewhat foolish.

25 April 2008 at 13:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This happened with one of my wires once. I left it one night it was perfectly untangled and fine, then when I came to it the next day I had to spend a whole hour trying to untangle it, which, unfortunately, I still didn't manage to do. But here's the odd part, the next day it was fine again!

Oh, and I just have to say that ONM is awesome and Chris, you are a LEGEND!

5 June 2008 at 10:11  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home